Wednesday, November 16, 2011

She is Growing Up

On Sunday we let Jo go to a concert in Albuquerque, which isn't a big deal except for the fact that she drove herself! EEK!!! Yes, she drove herself to the concert and back. She has never driven on a highway to my knowledge at least, so this freaked me out beyond description. Nathan informed me that I have to let her grow up and not keep such a tight rein on her so I reluctantly agreed to let her take her car and drive. She left early in the afternoon with directions that Nathan gave her and off she went with a friend. I was a nervous wreck ALL day long. The concert didn't start until 8 or so and was over at almost midnight. Jordyn is a self proclaimed Mac Miller fan, so she just had to try and get a photo with someone in the group and an autograph so they waited at the buses. She lucked out and got a pic and he signed something for her and then they went to eat and gas up and hit the road. She finally rolled in at almost 6 AM!!! I could not sleep to save my life and I wanted to text every 5 minutes but was told not to do it!! Haha! It turns out she did A OK and didn't freak out on the highway drive as I suspected she would. She took it slow and steady as Nathan told her and she did fine. Too bad Mom couldn't relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment