Friday, October 25, 2013

Hudson Watch

So we had our perinatal appointment this week and it seems Mr. Hudson Andrew is a mighty huge baby boy. His estimated weight on Tuesday was 8 lbs. 5 oz!! He is considered "macrosomic". So being that he is that big already and is barely 37 weeks gestation, we were given the option of an elective c-section. Jordyn was an 8 lb baby and I had so many problems trying to deliver her. 
After much discussion with my amazing physician and the perinatologist and my doctor calling and gathering info for us, Nathan and I have opted for a cesarean. I meet with the OB-GYN who has agreed to see me on 10/31 for a consult and he has scheduled my c-section for 0730 on 11/5. That is unless I don't go into labor before then, which would be ideal. If I do go into labor soon I will attempt a natural approach but that may change if no progression is made. Nathan and I did so much work and preparation to fully enjoy and understand a true natural childbirth that I feel kind of robbed especially for him. He was so excited and and anxious for a natural delivery. So maybe, the natural route will work but the longer this boy cooks in my belly the bigger he is becoming. Yikes!!! Maybe we have a future Broncos or Reds player on our hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment