Friday, July 8, 2011

Promotion Ceremony

Nathan got an email from the Chief at headquarters this morning and he received his orders to be present for the awards ceremony in Santa Fe on the 20th of this month for his recent promotion to Sergeant.

I am so proud of him for this accomplishment and he really loves his new position in Espanola. With that being said, a sense of anxiety has crept up on me. He had asked me when he received this promotion that I have the honor of "pinning" him for the ceremony. I gladly accepted as this is a big step in his career and I am there to support him 110% and show him that I am his biggest fan and cheerleader but as my closest family and friends know, I have a fear of getting up in big crowds. I wont even leave a class, seminar, meeting, to go to the restroom even if my eyeballs are swimming! I have this huge fear that I will trip and fall and then everyone will laugh at me! I know its silly but what if that happens while we are walking up to the stage? I will embarrass him in front of all of his co-workers. The fear has started to mount within and I am feeling that I may puke that morning! Maybe some self-hypnotherapy might work, or some liquid courage! Just kidding! Poor guy, I will be a mess that morning, on "his" day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment