Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekend Update

What a nice and relaxing weekend we had. Even though the girls didnt join us and we missed them terribly, we were able to relax and just unwind. On Friday I headed up to meet Nathan in Santa Fe, but on the way, I stopped in Albuquerque for my first laser tattoo removal treatment. Lets just say that I had a momentary lapse of better judgment many years ago and thought it would be fun to get a tattoo on my ring finger. Well the "art" lasted longer than the nuptials, so that hideous thing needs to come off and what better timing than before September 17th!!! It wasnt nearly as painful as I thought it would be, just a few zaps and literally 5 seconds later, my first treatment was done. I gotta go back in 4 weeks for the next treatment. I am so excited to get that thing removed! So then I hit the road again and was off to Santa Fe. We were able to look at a few condos/townhomes and get a good idea of where we will plan to live when I finally get a job and we move up. I'm thinking it will be easier for the kids and I if we find a place that has gated security, a pool and a gym and we did find a few cute places. So thats a bit of weight off my shoulders. Nathan and I went to eat at a few neat places. On Saturday we were going to head to the Santa Fe Wine Fesitival but we thought it would be better to just head over to Whole Foods and get some fresh fruit and beers and lounge by the poolside. Which we did and it was awesome! Then we got dressed up fancy and we had reservations at El Meson, a Spanish restaurant downtown that serves Paella and tapas and homemade sangria. They had flamenco dancers and singing going on too. The food was pretty good, expensive, but good, it was the service that was horrible!! We wont ever go back there. It seems that nothing compares to Rio Chama! Yummmmmmm. On Sunday morning we woke up and went to our favorite breakfast place, the Guadalupe Cafe. They have the most amazing homemade cinnamon rolls, but they were sold out before we had a chance to enjoy one! Boooooooooo! We saw a few other places and then we headed up to Espanola. Nathan took me to Los Alamos where the fire has struck and it was so sad. The smoke was terrible and after about 30 minutes in the area, our throats got itchy and irritated and be started having a headache, so we headed back down and finished off with sandwiches and a movie. I woke up early Monday morning and headed back to Alamo, as me and my mom threw a surprise 40th birthday party for our dear friend, Lydia. She was so surprised and cried like a baby! :) It was a good time for her and her family and I was happy that she enjoyed. It seemed that she had never had anyone throw her a party!
So that was our weekend and back to the grind on Tuesday. I had my tooth extracted and boy that was horrible. Either Im a big baby or it was really that painful! Probably a bit of both! So now it has to heal and Im tired of eating jello and soft mushy food, I need substance!! Tacos, chips, salsa, you name it.
As far as the wedding plans are going, we are now 73 days away! Formal invitations went out yesterday to close family and friends only. We decided from the beginning that we didnt want a circus and thats why we decided Las Vegas. Something small and intimate and yet fun and maybe a little crazy. We are both so excited and cant believe that it is almost here. I am keeping my fingers crossed for smooth sailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment