Monday, May 16, 2011

Waiting...

As I sit here waiting for our appointment with Dr. Kaufman, the endocrinologist in Albuquerque tomorrow, I am reminded of how much anxiety I have building up. I am also waiting to hear back from Claudia, the nurse for Dr. Garg in Dallas, to see what date we need to be there. It's all a waiting game, waiting to see what the outcome is, waiting to see how this will impact my Lola, waiting to see what new meds they want to put her on, waiting to see how the meds will make her feel and how and if they will affect the disease process, all a waiting game. She's a nervous mess, I'm a nervous mess, my oldest daughter, Jordyn, my parents, Nathan, my family, we are all stricken with this anxiety of what they will tell us, how serious it is. I know that I am a pessimist, but I prefer to think I am a realist, but at this moment in time, I wish I was more the optimist, maybe it will hurt less... I doubt it. :(


So last night Lola wasn't feeling good at all. She said her stomach was hurting and she felt like she did when she was getting the stomach bug. I had her give me a urine sample to see if there was any glucose or ketones spilling out, but thank God, both were negative. Not a sign in her urine, that's a plus! I was so relieved and I know Allorah was too. She keeps asking me questions about the diabetes and insulin and I don't have answers for her, I wish I did. We will get our answers tomorrow. It will be a long drive to Albuquerque but I am keeping my fingers crossed. Dr. Kaufman is an excellent doctor and is so sympathetic and caring. She will know whats best for my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment